BC Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake
Recipe by CindyAnn at allrecipes.ca
- Chocolate cookie crumbs - 1 cup
- White Sugar - 3 tbsps.
- Butter - 1/4 cup, melted
- BC Raspberries, fresh or frozen - 1-1/4 cups
- White Sugar - 2 tbsps.
- Cornstarch - 2 tsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- White chocolate chips - 2 cups
- Half-and-half cream - 1/2 cup
- Cream Cheese - 3 (8 oz pkgs), softened
- White Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 3
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cookie crumbs, 3 tbsp. sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9" spring form pan.
- In a saucepan, combine raspberries, 2 tsps. sugar, corn-starch, and water. Bring to a boil, and continue boiling 5 minutes, or until sauce is thick. Strain sauce through a mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt white chocolate chips with half-and-half, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in vanilla and melted white chocolate. Pour half of batter over crust. Spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce over batter. Pour remaining cheesecake batter into pan, and again spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce over the top. Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 55 - 60 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours before removing from pan.
- Decorate and serve with remaining raspberry sauce.