BC Raspberry Chipotle Wings
Hot and richly fruity, this sauce also make a great glaze for salmon, sausages or meatballs. Or pour over goat cheese or warmed Brie and serve with crackers.
Source: Canadian Living Magazine, by the Canadian Living Test Kitchen.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Remove tips from chicken wings and reserve for stock if desired, separate wings at joint.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat, fry onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add BC Raspberries, vinegar, molasses, honey, chipotle and half each of sea salt & pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered and stirring often, until reduced by half, about 12 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Scape into a blender; puree Pressing on solids, strain through fine mesh sieve into a large bowl. Set aside. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days.)
- Toss wings with remaining sea salt and pepper. Place on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, place in oven and bake until crisp and juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 30 minutes.
- Add to raspberry mixture in bowl, toss to coat. Return to oven, bake, turning once, for an additional 5 minutes. Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.