Smoked Duck on black pepper flatbread, BC Raspberry compote appetizer
you can substitute any chosen cuts of meat
- Smoked Duck Breast - 1 piece, thinly shaved
- Bread Flour - 275 g
- Salt - pinch
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 14 ml
- Instant yeast - 5.5 g
- Water - 167 ml
- BC Raspberry Compote
- BC Raspberries - 1 pint, fresh
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tsp.
- Sugar - 2 tbsps.
- Shallots - 1 tbsp. minced
- Cilantro - 1 tbsp
- Coriander Seeds - 1/2 tsp, crushed
- Orange - 1/4, fresh grated zest
- Mix all ingredients together on low speed in a electric miser fitted with a dough hook, and then on high speed for 3 more minutes.
- Let the dough rest for 1 hours and then roll out as thin as possible. Brush with a little melted butter and sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper.
- Bake the entire slab in a 400 degree F oven until light golden brown. Let cool and then break into uniform size pieces.
- Saute the shallot in the olive oil over medium heat until translucent. Ad the sugar and heat until melted.
- Add the coriander seed, grated orange zest and raspberries.
- Cook briefly until the raspberries have broken down, but are not completely soft. Add the cilantro and let cool.
- On the flatbread place a small amount of the raspberry compote. Using a slice of the duck breast, make a rose shape and place on the compote. Garnish with a little frisee lettuce.
Courtesy of – Chartwell’s Restaurant: Fabrice Rossman, Executive Chef, Four Season Hotel VancouverAdd to Favourites