Raspberry Ginger Baked Salmon
Raspberry and ginger fill this salmon with delicious flavour and is paired nicely with a raspberry balsamic greens salad. A simple, easy, and light meal to end the summer.
- Raspberries - 6 oz
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp.
- Ginger, - 1 tbsp., fresh
- Medjool Date - 1 pitted
- Salmon Fillets - 2
- Herbamare - 1/4 tsp.
- Field Greens - 4 cups, mixed
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Balsamic Vinegar - 1 tbsp.
- Pecans - 1 tbsp., crushed
- Herbamare - 1/8 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Blend water, raspberries, ginger, lemon, and medjool date in your blender until ridiculously smooth.
- Pour contents into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place fillets in a well worked cast iron pan, or on a parchment paper lines baking sheet. Season fillets with salt and pepper and top with 1/3 raspberry mixture. Bake for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn the oven to a low broil, pour on a second coat of the berry mixture (retaining a 1/3) and return the salmon to the broiler for an additional 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, herbamare and remaining raspberry mixture in a small bowl. Place in a serving dish with a spoon and set aside.
- Remove salmon from oven and serve with field greens, pecans and raspberry dressing.
Served with Raspberry Balsamic Greens by Healthful Pursuit’s Leanne VogelAdd to Favourites