- Yield: 8-10
- Prep Time: 1 hr minutes
- Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
- Serving: Serves 8 - 10
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 422
- Carbohydrate Content: 64 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Serving Size: per serving (10 pieces)
- Sodium Content: 0.7 g
- Sugar Content: 22 g
Raspberry, chocolate & hazelnut breakfast bread
- Up to 3 days before you want to bake (at best at least 1 day), mix the yeast, 400g of flour, sugar and 1 tsp. salt in a big bowl. Whisk together the milk, melted butter and egg, then tip into the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon. Cover tightly with a greased plastic wrap and chill at least overnight or up to 3 days.
- When you're ready to finish the bread, heat over to 180 degrees C. Add remaining flour to the dough and use your hands to mix in. Tip onto a lightly floured surface and lightly knead to completely bring together. Roll out with a little more flour to a 50 x 30 cm rectangle. Spread chocolate nut spread all over the dough. Scatter the raspberries evenly over, then press lightly with your hands so they stick into the dough.
- With a long side facing you, roll up as tightly as you can (like a Swiss roll). Use a sharp knife, dusted with a little flour, to cut the roll into half down the length - but not quite through at one end, so the 2 strips are stilled joined.
- Twist the 2 strips together, then bring the ends together to make a wreath, pinching the ends together to stick. Lift onto a baking sheet, scatter with the hazelnuts and granulated sugar, and bake for 30 - 40 minutes until browned and crusty.
- Cool until just warm, Serve with butter, and raspberry jam.
Courtesy of My Good FoodAdd to Favourites