Veal with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & BC Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Veal Loin roast - 1 lb
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 tbsps.
- Sundried Tomatoes - 6, drained & cut into strips
- Light Olive oil - 1/2 cup
- Raspberry Vinegar - 6 tbsps.
- Raspberry concentrate - 2 tbsps.
- Yellow Squash - 2 medium
- Zucchini - 2 medium
- Butter - 2 tbsps.
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Mint Leaves - 24 pieces
- Rub veal roast with 2 tbsps. of extra virgin olive oil.
- Roast in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 25 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Chill, if desired. Slice veal as thin as possible and arrange slices on individual serving plates. Sprinkle tomato strips over meat.
- Whisk together olive oil, raspberry vinegar and concentrate. Drizzle over veal. Add fresh mint leaves and fresh raspberries to decorate each plate.
- As a optional side dish, clean and slice a yellow squash and zucchini into 2" x 1/2" pieces. Saute 1 clove of fresh garlic in 2 tbsps. of butter for 1 minute. Add the zucchini and squash and continue to sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
from Raspberry Elegance folder for British Columbia Raspberry Growers AssociationAdd to Favourites