Sizzlin' Shrimp with BC Raspberry Salsa
Created especially for the RIDC by Gurth Pretty.
- BC Raspberries, fresh or frozen - 2 cups
- Red Onion, medium, finely diced - 1/4
- Jalapeno Chili, finely diced - 1
- Garlic clove, minced - 1
- Cilantro, fresh, chopped - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp.
- Lime Juice & Zest - 1
- Rice Vermicelli Noodles - 1/2 lb
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Shrimp, peeled & deveined - 1 lb
- Bean Sprouts - 4 oz.
- Peanuts, unsalted, toasted - 1/2 cup
- Celery - 2 stalks
- Snow Peas - 2 oz
- In a non-metallic bowl, combine raspberries, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, sugar, lime juice and zest. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large sauce pan, cook vermicelli noodles in boiling water, following manufacturer's instructions. Drain and toss with raspberry salsa mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high temperature. Cook shrimp for 2-4 minutes or until pink throughout.
- Divide noodles amongst four bowls. Top with bean sprouts, peanuts, celery, snow peas and sizzling shrimp.
Note: Make ahead: Raspberry salsa can be prepared a day ahead, covered and refrigerated.
Note: Dish can either be served cold, hot or at room temperature.