BC Raspberry Marinated Chicken in Summer Pepper Salad
- BC Raspberries, fresh or frozen - 4 cups + 1/2 cup
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1/2 cup + 2 tbsps.
- Yellow Bell Pepper, cut in triangles - 1
- Red Bell Pepper, cut in triangles - 1
- Green Bell Pepper, cut in triangles - 1
- Purple Onion, sliced - 1
- Hot Banana Peppers, diced - 1 tbsp.
- Chili Flakes - 1/4 tsp.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper - to taste
- Feta Cheese - 1 cup, crumbled
- In a non-metallic bowl, combine pureed raspberries (reserving 1/2 cup) and 1/2 cup of oil. Stir and add cubed chicken. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- In a second bowl, mix bell peppers, green onion, hot banana peppers, chili flakes and 1 tbsp. of oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium heat. Remove marinated chicken pieces from marinade and cook in hot skillet for 5 - 7 minutes or until meat is white throughout.
- In a small sauce pan, pour in marinade and cook over medium heat for 7 - 10 minutes or until has reduced in volume by half.
- Place half of pepper mixture in centre of each plate. Cover with cooked chicken and drizzle hot raspberry sauce on top.
- Garnish with reserved raspberries
- Enjoy this delicious dish with that someone special.
Note: Make ahead: Marinated chicken and bell pepper mixture can be prepared a day ahead, cover and refrigerated.
Serve with BBQ Chicken Breast or Salmon FilletAdd to Favourites