BC Raspberry Jam Roll
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease and line a 13 x 9" jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla extra until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, but not dry.
- Fold carefully into flour mixture, then into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until lightly browned and firm.
- Lay a clean cloth on a flat surface and sprinkle with the sugar crystals.
- Turn the cake out of the pan onto the cloth, and peel away the parchment paper.
- Spread BC Raspberry Jam or Jelly over the cake and roll it up quickly, starting at the short end.
- Transfer the rolled cake to a serving dish, seam downward and ice.
- Beat egg white, add icing sugar and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Beat in enough juice to give the icing a spreadable consistency.
- Spread over cooled jam roll
- Decorate with chopped nuts before icing sets.
- Cut and serve.